Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Growing Children

Why do babies grow so fast?  They sure don't stay babies for long.  Here is a quote that I have come across more than once that I really like (and like in the Bible, if it's repeated more than once, then you know it's important):

Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

So, if you happen to stop by my house, be warned that it will be messy.  But hopefully there will be happy kids running around.

Enough with my ramblings and on to the kids!  Noah has learned to crawl, pull to standing, sit unsupported and go from crawling to sitting all in the span of under two weeks.  So many milestones all at once!

Hannah is growing and developing in other ways.  We have been working on recognizing letters, doing one letter a week.  We're only on letter B, but she can recognize at least 5-6 letters now.  She will point them out where ever she may be.  It's amazing how she just soaks everything in!  She loves learning and doing 'school time.'  If I start slacking and not pulling stuff out for her to do, she certainly reminds me! :)  The other day while I was pulling out her worksheets (per her request) she put her arm around my shoulders, squeezed and said "Mom.  I like you."  She blows me away with how sweet she can be.  She has become a very compassionate and caring young girl.  She will caution me when I'm in the kitchen:  "Don't burn yourself, Mom!"  "Watch the hot stove."  "Don't cut yourself with that knife." or "Don't choke!"  LOL.  It's crazy to hear her say some of the things I say to her.  She also comforts Noah for me, if I can't get to him right away (like when I'm cooking dinner.)  She'll go to him and say "It's ok, Noah.  Mommy's coming for you.  Calm down."  She's a sweetheart!  Another great thing she has started doing is asking Dan how his day was when he comes home and we're chatting over dinner!  :)

A few pictures from the last few weeks.


Please forgive the drool... it's in almost every picture of Noah (has been since he was born!)  He always has his mouth open.  LOL.


Riding in Hannah's school bus.


Hannah is wearing her baby in a 'wrap' like Mommy wears Noah.  :)


Chillin' outside.




The kids together!


Check out their faces!  They enjoy each other soooo much.  Now that Noah is a little bit older, most times when I'm taking the kids in the car by myself, all I hear are giggles and laughter from the backseat.  I love it!




He is sleeping in this picture, while holding his foot.


And they're off!


I made a makeshift bulletin board for Hannah's 'school work.'  She loves it!  She's so proud of her coloring and worksheets, that I felt bad just putting them in a folder.  Now we have a place to display her work for the week.  (Yes- it's in the living room!  We don't have any other place to put it right now!)


Thanks for reading!
Please leave a comment so that we know you stopped by!
I hope to post more about the garden soon.  I have lots of pictures of the garden to share with you.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment